If you're looking for some unique OTP writing prompts and ideas, you've come to the right place! In this blog post, we will list 35 different prompts that will help you get your creative juices flowing.
Whether you're just starting out with your OTP or you've been together for years, these prompts will help you create some amazing stories.
Let's get into it!
1. What if your OTP had to switch places for a day?
2. What if one of them was kidnapped and the other had to rescue them?
3. What would happen if they were stuck in an elevator together?
4. Write a story where they have to pretend to be married.
5. What happens when they are forced to spend a week apart?
6. Write a story where one of them is pregnant.
7. What if they had to go on a date with someone else?
8. What would happen if they won the lottery together?
9. What if one of them was in a coma and the other had to wait for them to wake up?
10. What if they had to raise a baby together?
11. What if they met in a different life?
12. What happens when one of them is diagnosed with a terminal illness?
13. Write a story where they are enemies.
14. What would happen if they were stranded on a deserted island together?
15. What if they had to go undercover as spies?
16. Write a story where they are both famous celebrities.
17. What happens when one of them is arrested and the other has to bail them out?
18. What would happen if they were in a car accident and one of them was injured?
19. What if they had to switch bodies for a day?
20. What happens when they are both fired from their jobs?
21. Write a story where one of them is accused of a crime they didn't commit.
22. What would happen if they went on a vacation together and got lost?
23. What if they had to take care of a sick relative together?
24. What would happen if one of them was deployed for military service?
25. Write a story where they both get invited to the same party but they're not allowed to go together.
26. What if they had to participate in a dance competition together?
27. What would happen if one of them got a new job that required them to move away?
28. Write a story where they are both struggling with addiction.
29. What happens when one of them has to go on a business trip and the other can't go with them?
30. What would happen if they won a free trip together but it was to a place neither of them wanted to go?
31. Write a story where one of them is admitted to the hospital.
32. What happens when they are both invited to a wedding but they're not supposed to be together?
33. What if they had to go to couple's therapy?
34. What happens when one of them is offered a job in a different city?
35. Write a story where they are both planning for a future together.
Some Other Tips And Ideas To Help You Write Your OTP Stories
When it comes to writing fanfiction, it can be tough to come up with new and interesting ideas.
If you're struggling to come up with something on your own, try thinking about what you would want to read. What kind of story would you like to see your OTP in?
If you're stuck, don't be afraid to ask your friends or other people for help. Brainstorming with someone else can really help get the creative juices flowing.
Sometimes all it takes is a fresh perspective to come up with something truly original. Who knows, your next great idea could be just around the corner.
You might also want to look at other general creative writing prompts. There are a ton of resources out there that can help provide some inspiration.
At the end of the day, just have fun and enjoy the process. Writing should be something that you enjoy, not something that feels like a chore!